For our development department in Brøndby, Denmark, we are looking for a development engineer within design and construction of mechanics for products that will be part of our range of controls for the smart home.
About the job
Are you passionate about designing products for modern IOT technology? Then the job as a Mechanical Design and Development Engineer in a small, fast-growing company might be for you.
The job consists of developing and designing products and plastic parts for our electrical installation equipment that forms the basis for creating a smart home. The mechanics will primarily be developed in plastic materials, but other types of materials will also be included in the products.
- Construction and design in 3D (opportunity to influence the choice of new CAD tool).
- Development and design of products and plastic parts.
- Documentation - including tolerance drawings and strength calculations.
- Supplier contact and follow-up during tool development and production.
- Testing prototypes and quality assurance of deliveries.
- Ad hoc problem solving for production and maintenance.
- You have a degree in engineering (M) or a similar degree and a primary interest in the design and construction of injection molded plastics.
- Good mechanical understanding.
- Minimum 3 years of practical experience in mechanical development in plastics.
- Experience with 3D design.
- Knowledge of tool construction and injection molding.
- You have a broad interest in technology and experience in this field is an advantage.
- You are structured, systematic and responsible.
- You work well in teams, but are also independent and solve tasks on your own.
- You must be able to thrive in a smaller organization with the flexibility and breadth required.
- You can communicate in Danish and English, written and spoken.
- A demanding and varied job with opportunities for influence and personal development.
- Unpretentious and sociable working environment with skilled, committed and helpful colleagues where knowledge sharing is a high priority
- Salary package according to qualifications incl. pension, health insurance and flexitime
- Workplace at Vallensbækvej 20 B in Brøndby.
Logic Home Control's main activities consist of developing electronic controls for the smart home and related areas.
The controls are based on open standards and protocols, mainly based on the Z-Wave® wireless technology from the American company Sigma Designs.